5 Simple Tips That Will Change Your Health Today.
In a world full of waist trainers and skinny teas, we're here to share the facts about what will actually get you FIT and HEALTHY without breaking the bank. These tips are going to seem like common sense but they work and they will help you turn this into a LIFESTYLE.
1. Drink water 1st thing in the morning: The second you wake up, chug a glass of H2O to jump-start your body and your metabolism. This will also start your day off on the right note and put a dent in your daily water intake as well.
2. Speaking of water, drink 1/2 your body weight in OUNCES of water EVERY DAY: It may sound like a lot, but your skin and body will thank you! Drinking the proper amount of water will also help you stay full throughout the day and keep you from giving into cravings. All you have to do is get a water bottle with the ounces written on it and keep track of how many bottles you drink. For example, if you weight 150 lbs. you should drinkat least 75 oz. of water per day!
3. Eat 2-3 servings of vegetables/fruit each day: It's important to "eat the rainbow" for many different reasons. This will help you get the proper micronutrients that your body needs and provide you with vitamins and minerals as well. If this is a hard target for you to reach, try blending them into a smoothie or drinking a greens powder daily!
4. Eat 1 serving of protein with each meal: The proper amount of protein is different for everyone and their individual goals. However, by eating protein with each meal (~20-30 grams) will help keep you full throughout the day and help your muscles build and recover from your hard work in the gym. Examples to include in each meal: eggs, egg whites, turkey bacon (breakfast), chicken, ground turkey, lean meats, seafood (lunch or dinner), protein bars, protein powder (snacks).
5. Get in some form of physical activity for 30 minutes 5 days per week: As long as your moving for at least 30 minutes the activity doesn't have to be anything crazy. This could be walking during your lunch break, taking your dog for a run after work, a yoga class, spin class, weight circuit in your living room, etc. Whatever it takes to get some activity in your busy day... just get it done!
Like I said before, these might seem obvious to some but if you implement these into your daily routine you will see the changes you've been searching for! A healthy lifestyle is something the is created, healthy habit by healthy habit. Once these become second nature to you, you can add in more healthy habits depending on your goals (supplements, calorie tracking, extra cardio, etc). For now, implement Datefit's healthy habits and you'll be thanking us later!